Information for Carers in Croydon
Our Carers Information Service provides free information, advice and support for carers who live in or support someone living in the London Borough of Croydon. In partnership with Croydon Council, we operate the Carers Support Centre as a one-stop shop for carers. Home to a number of carer support organisations, carers can drop into our friendly support centre in the heart of Croydon Monday to Friday 10am-1pm.
Run by Carers Information Service, the Carers Support Centre has been helping carers in Croydon since 2013 as a partnership between the John Whitgift Foundation and Croydon Council. Thanks to the generous support and funding of these organisations, the Carers Support Centre now receives over 25,000 enquiries from carers and professionals each year.
How we support carers in Croydon
- Drop-in information, advice and support from an advice worker at the Carers Support Centre (Monday to Friday, 10am-1pm)
- Information and advice online via email or over the phone
- Carer’s assessments for carers of an adult resident in Croydon (on behalf of Croydon Council)
- Drop-in Carers Café is open on weekday mornings, 10.30am-12.30pm. Carers can pop in for a free hot drink, with access to books, games, Wi-Fi and a laptop. You are welcome to bring the person you care for with you
- Useful publications for carers and professionals who support them, including the factsheet series How To… A Guide for Carers in Croydon, bringing together everything you need to know as a carer in Croydon
- Quarterly newsletter and regular e-bulletin with the latest carer news and events
- Regular specialists advice surgeries on benefits, debt, employment and mental health
- Health and wellbeing events to help you look after yourself, including massage, singing and dance
- Free workshops to support you in your caring role
- Free Carers Support Centre membership, with access to local discounts
- Emergency carer cards and template emergency plans for greater peace of mind
- Special events for carers, including Carers Week and Carers Rights Day